My photo
Wisconsin, United States

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Our canine is cold?

Meet our dog Lucy! She's a 4 year old beagle/terrier mix.






We've had Lucy for a year and she couldn't fit into our family more easily. Charley loves her and begs us to let Lucy sleep with her every night. She will be Charley's dog forever.

She is a great pet! She's never had any accidents in the house (even during transition), she lets you know when she wants to eat or is out of water, and she greets every person with a howl that would scare any potential thief.

However...

She has 2 quirks that drive me absolutely crazy. Especially when you combine the 2. I would do anything to change these drive-me-to-drinking quirks.

  • The first is her need to always lay on a soft surface. I've known many dogs and most are content to lay on the floor, but not her. It has to be the couch or chairs. Take into account our small house and this becomes a problem when we have company over. She has a large pillow for a bed right in our living room, but insists on stealing someone's spot as soon as they get up.
  • The second is her constant shaking. It's not seizure caliber, but more like small tremors. I compare it to shivering. And it is all day. I swear I'm not making this up, but like 18 hours out of 24, she is shivering.

Now combine the 2 and you have me sitting on one end of the futon and her on the other, shaking the entire frame until I feel like my bones are vibrating. Maybe I won't need to buy a massage chair after all.

Topic from Mama Kat's Weekly Writing Prompts

No comments:

Post a Comment