My photo
Wisconsin, United States

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

First Knitted Sweater

I've been enjoying a bit of a crafting kick lately. It started before Christmas and I'm absolutely loving the whole "create things that actually get used" feeling of accomplishment. I made a few Christmas presents (that I would love to show you), but of course I didn't think to take pictures. I'll update as I get pictures.

So today, I am so excited to show you the project that took almost 18 months to complete. I taught myself to knit a few years ago, but only tackled the very-easy scarf. I thought it was time to work on something a little more complex. So when my baby was about 10 months, I found an easy sweater pattern and took a 2nd level knitting class for some help.

I got bored with it many times... lost it in the apartment before we moved... got stuck on the wording in the pattern and didn't want to ask for help...

Needless to say, it was a long-term project.

I finally gave myself a deadline of Christmas this year. If it took me any longer to finish, it wouldn't fit Charley. It didn't get done for Christmas (only because she got the flu and I couldn't leave the house to get help finishing it off), but it is finally... DONE!!





It has a ribbed v-neck.

As you can see, it's already getting a little small. Oops!

And the back is a little cape-type collar.

I absolutely LOVE this color on her.

And I'm just glad it turned out to be wearable!






monogram untitled

5 comments:

  1. Wow, you did a great job! I am so intimidated by knitting. :( I did learn once, but can't seem to get the hang of it now. That sweater looks fantastic.

    -Rochelle @ http://homesweethomebodies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! I am impressed you knit a sweater. I would be scared to try. The color is beautiful on your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!

    I still wear one of the sweaters my grandma knit me when I was in 4th grade! She always made them extra big so that I would get a lot of use from them while I grew into them.

    I've never attempted to knit a sweater, too scary, but yours is really adorable and I'm sure your daughter will appreciate your hard work and craftiness when she grows up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're featured today at Simply Step Back! Stop by and grab a button!
    http://simplystepback.blogspot.com/2011/01/simply-share-it-link-party-2-features.html

    p.s. I'm from Wisconsin, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really, really great job! It's so cute! I host a linky party on my blog called Fibers on Friday. I'd love it if you'd stop by and link up!

    http://plumslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete