My photo
Wisconsin, United States

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Homemade Christmas Gift #1 - Rolled Roses Necklace

I was blog-hopping and spotted this rolled fabric rose necklace that Emily made at LaForce Be With You. I had seen quite a few flower bib necklaces, but I liked the simplicity of this one.





I thought of my future SIL immediately. She loves bright fun jewelry and I thought she would like this as part of her Christmas present. Pink is one of her favorite colors. :)


This was my first attempt at fabric roses and I thought they turned out pretty cool. I just ripped my fabric into 1.5 inch strips. Folded them in half and tied a knot in the end. Then started twisting toward the back (away from the flower) and hot glued each "petal" into place. When it was approximately the size I wanted, I folded the fabric under and hot glued it down. Cut felt circles and glued those on the back too. I made 7 and was going for a symmetrical look so I glued them to a backing piece of felt opposite each other. Don't forget to glue in your chain or ribbon and add a clasp.




This was me trying it on to send my brother a picture because he wanted to see it. Crappy phone camera.

The chain and clasp I used made it so the length was adjustable. The clasp can link anywhere for her own desired length.





That's my SIL wearing it. She loves it! It totally compliments her style. Cute Bella snuck into the picture too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment