My photo
Wisconsin, United States

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring is closer...

Well, the weather is getting warmer and I am starting to hear talk of gardening and planting. I was never one to play in the dirt and I have no idea about the timing for vegetables and flowers. Is it the right time to start tulips? How about green beans? When do you put pumpkin seeds in the ground? It seems like every flower and every vegetable has an optimal timeline and none of them is at the same time.

But, with the growing maternal/wife instincts going on inside of me, I feel the need to start a garden and a flower bed. I guess it is a sign of maturing and getting older. Now I must start researching every type of plant that I intend to grow. And this must be mixed with research of landscaping because I don't want to just throw some seeds at the soil and have them sprout up all over the place.

I must admit, this gardening thing is starting to sound intimidating. As if I don't have enough things on the list to get our house made-over, I feel the need to add the research of various flora and produce. Then there is the actual planting and don't forget the weeding and harvesting. Oh well! For the spring and summer, this looks to be my new, very time-consuming hobby. Oh wait, I have forgotten to mention all of the other hobbies that I have attempted over the last 5 years. I still like to pick them up every once and awhile, seeing as most of my "projects" are only half done. So if I think rationally, this gardening thing will be done after one season, if it even lasts that long. We'll see how my flowers and produce look after a few months.

Maybe I should just skip the frustration this is bound to bring...
I'll let you know what I decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment