My photo
Wisconsin, United States

Monday, February 21, 2011

Wedding Gift for the Toddler-Aged Daughter


Early in January, we had friends that were having their wedding reception here in their home state. I was so excited to look at B's registry because she loves to bake and cook. There were so many things that would make baking for their daughter R(who is Charley's best friend and the same age) so much fun. B even had some little aprons on the registry for R but I thought that I could make her one.  I hadn't really sewn much in the last decade, but I had started up again recently and had gotten a sewing machine for Christmas that had yet to be used.  I had 1 week until the wedding and a great idea in my head.  I didn't use any patterns or tutorials and just free-handed some shapes that would fit R. It was my first time doing ruffles and I wouldn't have it any other way.  R is a princess all the way, she needs a girly apron.  The sewing went without a hitch and I love the apron.   

 



R is a little bigger than my peanut and it's big so she'll be able to use it for a few years. But for now, it is full coverage.  Which is necessary for a 2 1/2 year old! No chance of getting her clothes dirty.  Oh, wait... she's 2 1/2. Wishing thinking...


Here are the link parties I'm joining this week!
   monogram   handmade projects  untitled

5 comments:

  1. It's adorable! Did you make the applique, or find it somewhere? And I LOVE the ruffle, and the contrast between the skirt and the ruffle. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute and it came out great! What a nice gift! (found you at simply step back). ~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable apron. I found you at Tip Junkie. I love making clothes for my kids. www.ribbonsandricrac.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were featured today on Simply Step Back- thanks for linking up, and don't forget to stop over and grab a feature button!

    http://simplystepback.blogspot.com/2011/02/thanks-to-everyone-who-linked-up-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness I LOVE IT! The cupcake added to it takes it over the top in the cuteness factor!
    Please link up to my weekly linky party every Wednesday (it's still up today)
    www.seaminglysmitten.blogspot.com
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete