My photo
Wisconsin, United States

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Laugh until you Cry

Being a mom brings joy to my life everyday.  Yes, there are the hardships and sacrifices, but there are 2x as many enjoyable moments. 

Enjoyable and... FUNNY!!!!

Charley has a bedtime around 9:30pm (later than most, but it works for us!) and I'm usually tired after running around with her all day.  Well...one day last week during our bedtime ritual, Charley decided that she wanted to read to us instead of hearing us read.  Which was just fine with me because I was exhausted. So with Jeff lying on her left side and I lying on her right, she pulled out the book, opened it up, and started "reading".  At 2 1/4, she doesn't know how to read, but she can describe what's happening in the pictures.  The problem is that she has a limited vocabulary. So she starts throwing in sound effects and gibberish. 

This story of gibberish and "moo" and other oddities didn't mix well with my overworked, exhausted brain. I just lost it! I laughed out loud, tried to cover a giggle, accidentally let out a snort and was shaking the entire bed with my hysterics.  And she just kept reading!  Tears were pouring down my face and my gut hurt. 

But a family who laughs together, stays together... I love when we laugh and play as a family. It makes for a whole lot of enjoyable moments.


Linking up with Mama Kat and her Writing Prompts

6 comments:

  1. here from Mama Kat.

    Love this story. Had the overtired hysterics a time or two myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet your sounds effects added to the story too. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laughing because of your kids is always the best kind of laugh. That's what I wrote about for my writer's prompt too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, the overtired hysterics! Yay!

    Cute story. Visiting you via Mama Kat's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey Cathy - I couldn't find your email anywhere, but to answer your question about OneMonthToWinIt, if you make the cut you'll know all the themes for the month at that point - so you can craft ahead if you need to - -

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like me when I hear my son singing crazy songs. He spends his whole day humming and singing and make up tunes. It's so cute and funny!!

    ReplyDelete