My photo
Wisconsin, United States

Sunday, July 25, 2010

SummerTime Blues

Why is it that at the beginning of every summer I visualize spending everyday outside? I should know by now that I am not a fan of heat and humidity! I try to plan outdoor activities for Charley's sake. She could do something different and burn off energy if only I could get myself out the door. With my need for sunshine, I should enjoy heading outside for a few rays of golden sun. But, it never fails, as soon as I start to get sweaty and my hair starts to frizz, I run for the air conditioning. We live 2 blocks from the beach and we have a summer pass, but it feels like such a nuisance to pack up all the towels, sunscreen, and toys. Especially when we usually can only stay for 2 hours. I complain when it's cold and I complain when it's hot. Why can't it be spring and fall all the time? Then I would spend everyday outside! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment