My photo
Wisconsin, United States

Friday, March 11, 2011

1 year! Happy Birthday!


Today marks the 1 year anniversary of my blogging life.  I started off with the idea of using this outlet as a journal and baby book of sorts.  I should have known from past experience that I don't journal.  I've tried in the past to actually keep a journal/diary by my bed and write daily; it just never last long.  It would be great to write down thoughts and frustrations and celebratory days somewhere and be able to read them later.  The habit just never stuck. Just like working from home. I don't have the self-discipline to write everyday.  But I started up a blog just the same.  Low and behold, I didn't blog much so 2010 was a slow year.

In November though, I started getting alot of creative ideas/reading craft blogs.  This blog kind of transformed itself into a craft blog in a way.  I still write about Charley, but now it's more about what I make for her. And for our home.  (Foam crafts are right up my alley! Ha ha)

I'm glad to say that making this blog more crafty has helped me be more present with my family. I'm always thinking of ways to involve Charley.  And I know Jeff enjoys the sweet treats that we make!  Plus, I never really had a hobby and now I've found my niche.  I love to sew, knit, crochet, and repurpose/ upcycle furniture. Anything that makes me a happy mommy is good for my family, right?

Thanks to anyone who has stopped over to read my little slice of sanity.  The comments keep me going!

No comments:

Post a Comment