My photo
Wisconsin, United States

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Baby Blue Eyes

I get how genetics work. Really, it's not hard to figure out that when you put together two sets of blue-eyed people and they have a child, chances are high that the child will have blue eyes as well. But when one parent has a lazy eye and the other has squinty eyes, what are the odds that you get a wide-eyed child?

At this point, I don't care how genetics work because my ladybug has...




the most amazing eyes!




Modeling hairbands for a little fashion show at home...


First airplane to Florida to visit Great-grandpa...
Enjoying the outdoors...
Stuck inside on a cold winter day here in Wisconsin!...
Going to the daycare for the day to visit Aunt Michelle and Nina...
Fourth of July family shot!

All of these photos depict an event that happened over the last year and a half, but all I see are baby blue eyes. I see this pair of eyes everyday: waking up in the morning, asking to watch The Princess and the Frog again please, snuggling with me on the couch, refusing dinner, and saying goodnight, but I am awestruck whenever I capture that sky blue color in a photo! Unbelievable!

Written as a part of Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop

4 comments:

  1. She does have beautiful eyes!
    stop by my blog today: The Friend You Used to Be

    www.katynikitachurchill.blogspot.com

    -kristina-

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH they are beautiful blue! She's a cutie! What fun to have a girl to shop with in the future :(

    I have all boy with giant saucer brown eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh what a cutie!! I love her eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping over from Mama Kat's....

    Nothing better than a blue-eyed baby! She's a cutie!

    ReplyDelete